Awesome 3D Game Development: No Programming Required teaches aspiring game developers how to create their own computer games without programming skills and provides an in-depth understanding of how the game design process works. Using hands-on tutorials and “drag-anddrop” game engines, readers learn to make and modify their own interactive 3D computer games, create models, and select game assets. The CD-ROM has most of the demos of the development tools used in the book, including 3D GameMaker, Reality Factory, Multimedia Fusion, MilkShape 3D Modeler, and Paint Shop Pro. This is a great way to learn the fundamentals of game design and game creation no programming skills required!
* Choose your own vehicles, weapons, scenery, and characters to create 3D games
* Provides detailed tutorials that walk you through all aspects of 3D game creation
* Includes CD-ROM with demos of 3D GameMaker, Reality Factory, and Multimedia Fusion
* Teaches how to model, capture, and texture game images and animations with Paint Shop Pro and MilkShape 3D
Mobile Device Game Development explores game development tools and practices for the rapidly growing mobile device market. The text uses the AppForge® MobileVB SDK and Paint Shop Pro® in conjunction with Visual Basic® to create games that can be played on numerous mobile game devices (e.g., Palm, Nokia, and PocketPC). The book and companion CD-ROM include tutorials and sample games to provide the reader with hands-on experience in creating games such as slot machines, card games, baseball, children’s games, and more. Also on the CD-ROM are graphics, sound effects, and source code. The book addresses specific content issues that arise when switching from a PC game programming environment to that of a smaller device, such as the creation of graphics for a small screen.
* Emphasizes the AppForge Visual Basic add-on tool that allows VB programmers to easily and effectively build on their past experience as they make the transition to MobileVB
* Covers all the newest hand-held technologies, including Palm POSE, Nokia Communicator, and Pocket PC
* Written for new developers as well as experienced developers looking to write games for mobile devices (includes review of VB and MobileVB)
* CD-ROM includes a demo of AppForge Crossfire, Paint Shop Pro , graphics, sound effects, and source code
On the CD-ROM!
The CD-ROM included with this book includes all of the necessary tools (with the exception of Visual Basic) to write the programs that are developed in each chapter. It also includes full-color images of all of the figures in the book and the source code, sound files, and executable files for the sample projects
* Applications – Appforge Crossfire Trial – An add-on to VB which brings the world of cross-platform mobile device development to VB programmers; Paint Shop Pro 8 Trial – One of the best graphics programs for game developers, great for creating 2D art for for your games.
* Projects – Arranged by chapter and includes the source code for every sample in the book
* Figures – The full-color version of all the figures in the book.
REALbasic makes it possible to create full-featured Mac OS and Windows applications. This book/CD-ROM package enables you to learn to program in REALbasic by creating applications instead of reading chapter after chapter on programming topics. You’ll focus on developing complete, self-contained projects beginning with an explanation of the concepts and followed by the complete source code. The applications from each chapter can be used immediately, so the rewards of learning are quick and extensive.
* Learn to program in REALbasic while creating projects such as an MP3 player, compression techniques, games, screensavers, and a word processor
* Includes material on third party tools and applications used with REALbasic
Awesome Game Creation: No Programming Required, Second Edition teaches aspiring game developers how to create their own computer games without programming skills, and provides an in-depth understanding of how the game design process works. Using hands-on tutorials and “drag-and-drop” game engines, readers learn to make and modify their own interactive 2D and 3D computer games, create models, and modify existing games. The book uses development tools like The Games Factory, The PIE 3D Game Creation System, gmax, 3D GameMaker, Milkshape 3D, GameMaker, and other cutting-edge software. Limited-use versions or demos of these development tools are located on the accompanying CD-ROM, or may be easily downloaded from Web sites. This is a great way to learn the fundamentals of game design and game creationno programming skills required!
* Detailed tutorials walk through the creation of 2D & 3D games
* Includes ready-to-use game engines Clickteam’s The Games Factory, The Pie 3D Game Creation System, 3D GameMaker, GameMaker that make game creation easy and affordable
* Teaches how to model, capture, and texture game images and animations with Paint Shop Pro, CoolEdit 2000, and MilkShape 3D
* Complete chapters on Discreet gmax teach how to modify existing games like Microsoft’s Flight Simulator
* Reviews all the major game genres and provides game design techniques
On the CD!
Packed with everything you need to make all of the fully interactive games in this book and more! Each of the folders includes useful tools (with the exception of the Microsoft Flight Simulator game) to write the programs that are developed in each chapter. It also includes all of the images (color images where applicable) of all the figures in the book, and the source code and executable files for the sample projects.
Do you find most programming books tedious and frustrating? Do you learn better when following straight-forward examples, especially when learning a new programming language? If so, a book that focuses on developing a complete application in each chapter may be the answer to your programming woes. Through the stimulating teaching approach found in these pages, Visual Basic is illuminated for the beginning to intermediate programmer, and with the wide range of topics covered, the experienced programmer will find many useful new ideas and techniques. The book covers all current applications including MP3, VBPaint, and more. Each chapter covers a specific application, explains the source code, and teaches the reader how to develop it. Using this valuable resource, readers will learn how to write a variety of applications and understand how and why they work. FEATURES — Focuses on developing applications that are particularly useful to beginning programmers — Includes topics that most Visual Basic developers are interested in (e.g. Text to Speech, 3D Graphics) — Helps readers use the knowledge they acquire to develop applications in each chapter — Allows readers to skip around to the specific topics that interest them, so experienced programmers can learn how to develop a particular application such as an MP3 player — Secondary topics include: 3D Graphics, the Internet, file formats, and compression
After playing the same levels or flying the same airplane over and over, many avid gamers quickly tire of their games. Now, with gmax supported games, they have a 3D modeling tool that is easy to use, comes with documentation, and includes a common framework that can be used to modify many popular games. The gmax™ Handbook shows you how to use this powerful application to modify actual games, such as Microsoft ® Flight Simulator 2002, Dungeon Siege, Quake III Arena, Tr ainz, and more!
* Use gmax with popular game packs to modify levels and characters for licensed games
* Shows how to model and texture with PaintShopPro
* Covers TRAINZ Asset Creation Studio, Siege Max game pack for Dungeon Siege, Tempest game pack for Quake III Arena, Impossible Creature Tools, LithUnwrap, and more
* CD-ROM includes figures and project files
ON THE CD!
The CD-ROM contains all images from the book (4-color), numerous projects that use popular game packs, and these two applications:
* gmax 1.2
* Paint ShopPro 7.04 (30 day trial version)
- Jasc Software