Awesome Game Creation: No Programming Required, Second Edition teaches aspiring game developers how to create their own computer games without programming skills, and provides an in-depth understanding of how the game design process works. Using hands-on tutorials and “drag-and-drop” game engines, readers learn to make and modify their own interactive 2D and 3D computer games, create models, and modify existing games. The book uses development tools like The Games Factory, The PIE 3D Game Creation System, gmax, 3D GameMaker, Milkshape 3D, GameMaker, and other cutting-edge software. Limited-use versions or demos of these development tools are located on the accompanying CD-ROM, or may be easily downloaded from Web sites. This is a great way to learn the fundamentals of game design and game creationno programming skills required!
* Detailed tutorials walk through the creation of 2D & 3D games
* Includes ready-to-use game engines Clickteam’s The Games Factory, The Pie 3D Game Creation System, 3D GameMaker, GameMaker that make game creation easy and affordable
* Teaches how to model, capture, and texture game images and animations with Paint Shop Pro, CoolEdit 2000, and MilkShape 3D
* Complete chapters on Discreet gmax teach how to modify existing games like Microsoft’s Flight Simulator
* Reviews all the major game genres and provides game design techniques
On the CD!
Packed with everything you need to make all of the fully interactive games in this book and more! Each of the folders includes useful tools (with the exception of the Microsoft Flight Simulator game) to write the programs that are developed in each chapter. It also includes all of the images (color images where applicable) of all the figures in the book, and the source code and executable files for the sample projects.