Mobile Device Game Development explores game development tools and practices for the rapidly growing mobile device market. The text uses the AppForge® MobileVB SDK and Paint Shop Pro® in conjunction with Visual Basic® to create games that can be played on numerous mobile game devices (e.g., Palm, Nokia, and PocketPC). The book and companion CD-ROM include tutorials and sample games to provide the reader with hands-on experience in creating games such as slot machines, card games, baseball, children’s games, and more. Also on the CD-ROM are graphics, sound effects, and source code. The book addresses specific content issues that arise when switching from a PC game programming environment to that of a smaller device, such as the creation of graphics for a small screen.
* Emphasizes the AppForge Visual Basic add-on tool that allows VB programmers to easily and effectively build on their past experience as they make the transition to MobileVB
* Covers all the newest hand-held technologies, including Palm POSE, Nokia Communicator, and Pocket PC
* Written for new developers as well as experienced developers looking to write games for mobile devices (includes review of VB and MobileVB)
* CD-ROM includes a demo of AppForge Crossfire, Paint Shop Pro , graphics, sound effects, and source code
On the CD-ROM!
The CD-ROM included with this book includes all of the necessary tools (with the exception of Visual Basic) to write the programs that are developed in each chapter. It also includes full-color images of all of the figures in the book and the source code, sound files, and executable files for the sample projects
* Applications – Appforge Crossfire Trial – An add-on to VB which brings the world of cross-platform mobile device development to VB programmers; Paint Shop Pro 8 Trial – One of the best graphics programs for game developers, great for creating 2D art for for your games.
* Projects – Arranged by chapter and includes the source code for every sample in the book
* Figures – The full-color version of all the figures in the book.